MAC 325 Disc Bowl Centrifuge
MAC 325 high-speed disc bowl centrifuges are heavy-duty self-cleaning centrifuges for liquid-solid separation and filtration. It is designed with innovative, cost-effective features and integrated processing advantages that are not found with competitive units.
- Centrifuge Bowl — Is an automatic, self-cleaning model with the bowl bottom and top made of duplex stainless steel for superior mechanical strength and chemical resistance. The bowl lock-ring is made of special AISI 400-series stainless steel. Internal bowl parts such as the distributor, conical separating discs, feed distributor, and the light phase centripetal discharge pumps are made from AISI 316-stainless steel.
- Water Harness — The machine includes the solenoid water harness assembly for operation of the bowl open and close auto discharge system.
- Frame and Covers — Manufactured of cast iron then sandblasted, heat-treated and epoxy painted. The frame must be secured to the floor using the supplied vibration absorbers and foundation bolts. The covers are aluminum and bolted to the base frame. The covers position the feeding pipe and the centripetal outlet pumps of the clarified liquid phases.
- Drive — The horizontal shaft is moved through a mechanical coupling by an electric motor flanged directly onto the equipment frame and controlled by an inverter. On the horizontal shaft a worm-wheel gear engages the pinion gear fitted directly on the spindle, and the assembled bowl fits onto the tapered end. All the rotating shafts are mounted on ball bearings. The top vertical shaft bearing is located inside an appropriate shock-absorber collar, specifically designed to compensate for all radial vibrations.
- Lubrication — Designed, built and pre-programmed with a PLC and integrated HMI to control and adjust all machine functions plus provide visual alarms for machine malfunctions. The panel includes the drive motor VFD, which provides a more gradual starting load and ability to adjust RPM and centrifugal force. The VFD provides a controlled gradual stop of the bowl during shut down. The front of the control panel includes:
- Rotary disconnect switch
- Centrifuge start and stop
- Power-on light signal
- Alarm signal
- Emergency stop switch
- VFD Hz visualization
|MAC 325 Technical Specifications|
|Bowl volume||1.3 GPL / 4.8 L|
|Max. capacity||Up to 1,585 GPH / 6,000 LPH|
|Solids holding capacity||Up to 0.4 GPH / 1.5 L|
|Bowl weight||161 lbs. / 73 KG|
|Max. temperature||160°F / 71° C|
|Suggested pH range||6 to 9|
|Weight||575 lbs. / 261 KG|
|Size||32"L x 24"W x 44"H
813L x 610W x 1118H mm
How the MAC 325 High-Speed Disc Bowl Centrifuge Works
- Seal water is introduced into the bowl to seal the heavy phase liquid discharge to begin the process. Application is introduced through the hermetic style product feed.
- Light phase and heavy phase liquid are discharged under pressure by a centripetal pump installed inside the bowl. The liquid phases are regulated and controlled by regulating valves.
- An automatic self-cleaning centrifuge bowl periodically opens to discharge the accumulated solids from the sludge chamber. An adjustable timer in the PLC-control panel to control the open-water and close-water solenoids regulates this action.
- Operating water is distributed causing the sliding bowl bottom to rapidly open and close the bowl discharge ports. The action can be controlled for partial and full discharges to minimize product loss.
All models and systems built at US Centrifuge Systems can be modified into a turn-key operation.